Game created by Kisuo from www.byond.com

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Suggestions for battles after 25.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kurei Hitaka

PostSubject: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Remember the old system, where you gained a certain amount of levels per battle after winning, or a certain number for losing?

Because of the awkwardly slow pace that seems to get people's goats when it comes to trying for rank, I'd suggest adding a smaller scale version of this in.

level 5-25: 500 exp per win, 250 exp per loss.
level 25-40: 5 levels a win, 2 levels a loss
level 40-50: 2 levels a win, 1 level a loss.
level 50-100: 1 level a win, 1 level a loss.
level 100+: 1 level a win, 1k exp a loss.

At the start, it's comfortable for the loser, because they gain about half as fast as the victor. However, logically, as the pokemon hit a higher level of power, it becomes less rewarding if you lose and far better to win, to encourage competition as well as the careful training of your pokemon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kisuo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:08 pm

I didn't remove the gain for the loser pokemon.
It still is based on the level on the opponent to prevent fast levelling so people will actually play the game.
Making them gain equally 1 level per win will cause fast level 100s which I don't like ;/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonrising.coolbb.net
Kurei Hitaka

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:15 am

Kisuo wrote:
I didn't remove the gain for the loser pokemon.
It still is based on the level on the opponent to prevent fast levelling so people will actually play the game.
Making them gain equally 1 level per win will cause fast level 100s which I don't like ;/

True. The problem right now, though, is everybody's spamming rare candies on their entire time just to get 50 due to the exp curve. And from there it basically turns into 'The person who gets spam battled by someone with lv25's is the strongest'.

Take earlier today. A certain player KNEW he had no chance against the ex-ice gym leader (Ice gym leader had a 72) and was constantly fighting him over and over with every intent to lose. The only one getting anything out of that because of the opponent's level was the guy with the 72.

Almost nobody can beat a gym leader, because all of the gym leaders are leveling a single pokemon through taking advantage of weaker players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kisuo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Then tell me the solution that wont require much coding =o
Back to top Go down
Kurei Hitaka

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:18 am

Kisuo wrote:
Then tell me the solution that wont require much coding =o

Touche lol. Can't think of one, considering the only thing I can think of is pvp-protection if more than 3 pokemon in a person's party are more than 5 levels under your own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kisuo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:38 am

I can code that in easily ;p
Back to top Go down
Kurei Hitaka

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Kisuo wrote:
I can code that in easily ;p

The only flaw I see with this suggestion though (now that I got to thinking about it) is that it'd be difficult if people like gym leaders (who have constant opponents) get either too strong or stay too weak. It'd limit opponents and become much harder to this unless there's another code in place; maybe to prevent players from getting higher than a certain level at a certain point in time or something, which could be controlled by the host, like a World Cap setter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kisuo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Try think about something else since that cap would be stupid for just 1 server ;/
Back to top Go down
Kurei Hitaka

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:18 am

Kisuo wrote:
Try think about something else since that cap would be stupid for just 1 server ;/

Lol; that last post was made more based on information from the previous wipe, where 3 people on the server had the strongest pokemon, and everyone else was stuck down @ 25-50.

Now, it's actually going a bit more evenly with the levels, so a cap wouldn't even be necessary. The 5-level difference thing might still be a good idea for the future though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for battles after 25.   

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for battles after 25.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Rising :: In-Game :: Game Suggestions-
Jump to: